Gain essential knowledge and skills for a rewarding career as an ACE Certified personal trainer.
Gain essential knowledge and practical skills to become an entry level fitness trainer. The course is based on materials from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and designed to prepare you for the ACE certification exam as a personal trainer.
This course is offered in the Spring and Fall. Register Here
You will learn:
- guidelines for instructing safe, effective, and purposeful exercise
- essentials of the client-trainer relationship
- how to conduct fitness assessments
- how to design and implement appropriate exercise programming
When you successfully complete the course you will:
- be prepared to take the ACE national exam to become a certified personal trainer; exam details here »
- receive 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- have current CPR certification (when available)
- be ready for an entry-level job as a personal trainer
The text is ACE Personal Trainer Manual. The set combines the new comprehensive, personal training resource with the Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals – order your own set, available online and from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) at acefitness.org. Cost is in addition to the course.
Zack Light, M.S. holds an ACE Trainer certification as well as certification as a personal trainer. He winters in Florida and during the summer months he is employed as a police officer in Antrim County. Zack has had success locally and internationally as a weightlifter and bodybuilder.
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) is the largest non-profit fitness organization in the world. Its widely accepted Personal Trainer Certification is an industry standard. An additional benefit of ACE certification is your continued access to long-term support and resources. NMC is listed as one of their campus training sites.